Don't let the recession prevent you from taking a romantic honeymoon. The economy has caused personal budget belt-tightening and the travel industry is feeling the effects. Many destinations are more affordable these days, so save up and get hopping on those cheaper reservations - these incredible deals won't last forever.
- Fiji - Plane tickets aren't cheap, but thanks to a suffering local economy, you'll find deep discounts once you arrive on Fiji.
- London - The notoriously expensive destination has become relatively more affordable compared to last year. Don't expect bargains, but if you've been looking for a reason to go, the more favorable exchange rate could be it.
- Brazil - Brazil has a bounty of beautiful beaches, offers a fun nightlife, and an enjoyable cultural experience. Did I mention the beaches?
- Thailand - Thailand relies on tourism to bring money into the country, and it's been hit by shriveling global tourism. Incredible deals are now available as a way to ramp up the much needed business.
- Iceland - The beautiful country of Iceland used to be one of the most expensive destinations in Europe, but economic devastation has made it a bargain vacation spot.
- Mexico - The swine flu debacle has made Mexico's travel industry put itself on sale. You'll find resort discounts up to 70 percent and round-trip airfare for under $300 from most major US cities.
- Chile - It's not exactly a short flight to Chile, but the long trip may be worth it. You won't find a shortage of budget accommodations or a variety of things to keep you busy without spending a lot.
- Jamaica - It won't cost much to fly to a relaxing honeymoon in Jamaica, and you won't spend a lot to enjoy your vacation once you're there.
- Colombia - The round-trip airfare is affordable for most budget travelers, and your dollars will buy you more than they used to on your South American vacation.
- Loire Valley - You'll be greeted by elegant and charming châteaux converted inns that are surprisingly affordable, and the romantic destination is just two-hours from Paris.
See Five More Affordable Destinations here.
8 Money Saving Tips For Your Honeymoon
9 Things to Do Before Leaving For Vacation
8 Free Summer Festivals Across the US for Your Honeymoon
For more wedding planning tips, click here