By Nici Perreault, GalTime.com
Retailers are offering big time discounts-- just for students!College students often find themselves limited by budget, even for the essentials such as clothes, food and technology. Working within that budget is not always an easy task and many college students risk spending over their limit. Luckily for students, and yes, parents of students, many major retailers offer college discounts to take make those necessary purchases a little more reasonable.
Some discounts are readily advertised and college students are aware of their opportunity to take advantage of them, while others are not as well-known and may come as a rather pleasant surprise. Retailers offering this discounts range from technology and software companies torestaurants, everything to satisfy a college student's needs. Below are 20 nationwide retailers that offer student discounts that could change your way of shopping!
1. Apple - Apple offers special pricing for accepted college students and their parents. For the 2012 school year you receive a $100 gift card to use on Apps with the purchase of a new Mac. Note that this offer ends September 21st!
2. Adobe - Students get up to 80% off select Adobe Creative Suite 6 products with the purchase of the Student Edition.
3. Microsoft - Students can buy Office University 2010 for $99.99 as compared to $119.99. They can also upgrade their PC to Windows 7 Professional for 64.95. If students are looking to buy a computer from Microsoft, they receive a free 4GB Xbox 360 with the purchase of a PC priced at $699 or more.
4. Sony - Save up to 10% at checkout on select products.
5. Eastern Mountain Sports - Presentation of your student ID will get you 15% off regularly priced items.
6. Sam's Club - A year membership costs $40 and includes a $15 gift card.
7. Ann Taylor - Show your student ID and get 20% off full-priced purchases.
8. J. Crew- Use your student ID to receive a 15% student discount on regularly priced merchandise.
9. Banana Republic - With a valid student ID you can get 15% off full-priced items.
10. Madewell - Receive a 15% discount with a student ID.
11. Chipotle - Receive a free drink with purchase and a student ID.
12. Qdoba - Receive a free drink with purchase and a student ID.
13. Subway - Get 10% off your total Subway purchase with a student ID.
14. Steve Madden - Use your student ID to get10% off some designer shoes!
16. Vineyard Vines - Receive 15% off with your student ID.
17. Pier 1 - Get 15% off of cute dorm room and apartment accessories.
18. AMC Theatres - receive a discounted movie ticket when you visit an AMC theatre on a Thursday with your ID.
19. Ski Passes - If you are closest to the Midwest, look into to the Ski Colorado College Pass; for $369 you get unlimited skiing and riding at Winter Park/Mary Jane and Copper, plus six unrestricted days at Steamboat with the presentation of your college ID. The College New England Pass can be purchased for $359 if you are looking to ski at Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Loon Mountain, all in the New England area. You must present a college ID and a letter from the registrar's office.
Whether you take advantage of one or all of these student discounts, your purchasing power as a college student will better than you expected.
What's your favorite place that offers a student discount?
More from GalTime.com:
- 4 Tips for Thrift Store Shopping Success
- Warning: New "Ransomware" Internet Scam
- Top Geeky Women (You Need To Know About)
- How to Find the Best Credit Card for You
Connect with GalTime on Facebook!