Hey, did you hear the world is going to end tomorrow? If this is true, there is one thing for sure -- with so little time left in this mortal coil, it is time to get busy. Now is the time to do all those things you've been putting off (and I'm not talking about purging your underwear drawer). And who should you be doing these end of day activities with? Who should you be spending those last days, last hours and last minutes with? Why those people you brought into the world in the first place -- your kids. May I present to you 21 things to do with your kids before May 21 a.k.a. Doomsday?
Now do not get me wrong. I am not condoning doing all the things on this list. But even if the world doesn't end tomorrow (which it won't), it's worth doing some of them anyway, regardless of the coming of apocalypse (especially numbers 2, 4, 8, and 21).
1. Go see a landmark you've always wanted the family to see -- from Yellowstone to Disney World.
2. Go get a hot fudge sundae after dinner. Hell, have one after lunch and breakfast, too.
3. Go on a road trip. Take back roads and get totally lost.
4. As a family, sit and sift through all your photo albums, and reflect on the life you've all lived.
5. Fly to a Paris, Egypt or Bali. Spend the end of days there .
6. Let the kids go to sleep whenever they want. Throw away your alarm clock while you are at it.
7. Drink all your best wine. Let your kids be your designated driver, so what if they don't actually have a license.
8. Go visit grandma, grandpa or uncle George. Be nice. And bring that wine.
9. Eat whatever the kids want to for dinner or let them pick the restaurant. In other words, eat Mac & Cheese and dine at Chuck E. Cheese's.
10. Play numerous rounds of Candyland, Connect Four, or Uno. Let them win.
11. Give in and let them listen to Kesha.
12. Throw away the chore list. See how messy and dirty you can make the house.
13. Take their home work and turn it into paper airplanes, see how far you can make them go.
14. Watch those family videos that you've probably never watched since you shot them.
15. Let them eat a Big Mac, Whopper, or a Double Double Animal Style -- some fast food staple you've banned until now.
16. Spongebob Squarepants marathon. Enough said.
17. Call in sick to work and school. Actually, since the world is actually going to "end," don't call at all. No, "I think I have strep throat" excuses for you.
18. Take a couple hundred bucks out of the bank, hand it off to the kids, and let them go crazy in your local candy store. Tell them they'll never have to see a dentist ever again.
19. Get them a puppy.
20. Make today your own personal Halloween. Dress up the family in costume and go trick or treating.
21. Tell them all you love them.
For more things to do (and not do) before the end of the world, visit Babble's Strollerderby.
MORE FROM SUNNY ON BABBLE.COM:
Harold Camping's followers are telling their children the world is ending: How is it affecting the kids?
Is the Big Mac the new pregnancy food? For this mom, it had to be!
Mamma Mia! Woman gives birth on Broadway and gets a standing ovation!
Want your kid to be a CEO or a cop? What you name him or her might be the key ...
This couple claimed a ghost was responsible for abusing their 2-year-old. Really.