by Wendy Manwarren, REDBOOK1. Maximize wall space in an entryway with cut-to-fit lattice from your local home-improvement store or garden center. Thread S-hooks through the slats to hang baskets filled with scarves, hats, and Rover's leash. Lattice, $18; Lowe's stores. Green "Carrie" baskets, $39 each; unicahome.com.
Related: Conquer Clutter
2. Do one small organizational task daily, no matter how small. Clean out one drawer or the top tier of the spice rack. Just think: After a month, you'll have checked 30 things off your to-do list.
Related: The 18 Most Annoying Male Habits Explained
3. Open the mail over the shredder or recycling bin, and get rid of the junk immediately. This forces you to make quick and definitive decisions so nothing piles up in your hallway or anywhere else.
Related: REDBOOK'S Top Beauty Products for 2011
More from REDBOOK:
20 Ways to Spice Up Date Night
40 Hottest Sex Tips Ever
- 10 Ways to Beat Bloating
- How to Style Bangs
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.