By Julie Schott, SELF magazine
Not sure what to pack this weekend? Whether you're traveling or spending the holiday close to home, these summer favorites from the SELF Beauty team have you covered!
Related: Before you hit the beach, try these 20 superfoods for weight loss
Alex Samuel, Associate Beauty Editor:
1. Avon Skin So Soft Bug Repellent Wipes. "They kept the bugs away this past weekend at an outdoor wedding without smelling like chemicals. Plus, they're wipes, so I didn't have to worry about them getting all over my dress!"
2. Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray. "It's the ONLY thing that I can apply every two hours without irritating my skin. I'm super-pale and prone to burns, so I keep it at arms length all day."
Related: 10 rules for healthy, radiant skin all summer long
Runa Bhattacharya, Beauty Assistant:
3. NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Isolde. "It instantly brightens up my eyes, warms up my complexion and I love the way it glimmers when I'm in the sunlight."
Pia Bhattacharya, Beauty Blogger:
4. Jennifer Behr, Bella. "My 4th of July essential? Fun hair! I love to add an accessory to my dark hair. It's fun and festive and perfect for setting off my 4th of July makeup."
Bonus: Having trouble styling in the summer heat? Try four easy fixes for fabulous hair!
Have a happy and safe July 4th weekend!
More from SELF:
- Try these superfoods for flat abs!
Check out SELF's stop cellulite workout
- SELF's annual healthy food awards showcases 66 fast fix foods you'll love to eat!
- Find the best swimsuit for your body type now!
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio