June is the month to finally turn your vacation daydreams into a solid escape route if you haven't already. Just a few days away from the office can help you rejuvenate and refocus and if you plan it right, you don't have to break the bank. Inspired by the glamorous friend-cation Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda take in Sex and the City 2 I'm offering four reasons you might consider packing for a voyage with pals and one reason why you might want not want to.
- More People to Split Costs With -The Sex and the City gals don't need to worry about cost-cutting, but you probably should. Traveling with a gaggle of friends means more pocketbooks to split hotel and event fees with. Tip: Discuss a budget for the full trip with your travel partners and consider staying at a few different hotels to capitalize on deal nights and get a sneak peek at more properties.
- Copious Connections and Organizers - The more friends you invite, the more ins you'll have to glorious beachside condos! As you begin thinking about planning a vacay with pals, plan a conference call or lunch to talk about connections for vacation homes, possible deals, complimentary hotel stays or accrued miles. Tip: Empower the super organized (or connected) friend to keep track of travel deals so you have some knowledge about pricing (and bargaining power) before asking for help from a travel agent.
- Promise of Uninterrupted Quality Time - Mapping out quality time with your main squeeze can be easier than tying down your friends. When you travel together, you are guaranteed more concentrated bonding time and a chance to support, reflect, and relish with one another. Tip: If you are traveling with a large group of friends, map out a plan to spend quality time with each of them and talk life, work, and love.
- Bank on Double, Triple, or Quadruple the Fun - Finding ways to spice up the workday and add fun to your daily life can be a struggle, which means vacations are the ripe opportunity to rest, relax, de-stress, and pump up the volume. Girlfriends will inspire you to have the fun you might keep on lock when you are spending serious couple time with your fella. Take a tip from the SATC ladies and plan karaoke, pool time, hikes, exercise, gossip time, and shopping. Office? What office?
- Mo People Can Mean Mo Problems - Friends can make a good time, but taking a jaunt with a pack of people you aren't extremely close with can get complicated. Traveling with your significant other or family allows you to skip the friendly drama and spend quality one-on-one time (or time with those who know you best). While overhead costs may be more expensive split two ways instead of say, four, sticking to a budget is easier for couples. You may end up spending more, but you'll compromise less.
- Who Would You Rather Travel With? - Take our poll here.
Does Work Take the Fun Outta You?
Bring What You Love on Vacation
Is Volcano Tourism the Newest Travel Trend?
Follow SavvySugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of SavvySugar on Facebook