When it comes to learning new style tricks, I'm a fan of Cliff Notes-type sources that allow me to cram as much info in my brain in as little time as possible. So, you can imagine how excited I was the other day when Isaac Mizrahi told me he had 5 great style tips that were super short and easy! I loved them so much I thought I'd share them with all of you! Here's what he said:
- Hold your own fashion workshop. Devote a day to emptying your closet, trying on outfits and taking pictures of yourself wearing them. "Wait a few days and look at the photos. Pictures are better than a mirror. They tell you what works and what doesn't," says Mizrahi.
- Always wear a heel. (Even if you've got lousy feet, in which case you should opt for a diminutive kitten heel.) "Every outfit looks better with a little elevation," he says, "It makes your clothes look better."
- Groom like a supermodel. "They shave their entire leg--not half of it. They get their eyebrows professionally groomed. You don't need to spend a fortune. Every six months, have someone tweak your brows, then maintain it."
- Collect clothes. Don't just buy piles of them. "Be more discerning," says the fashion guru, "A serious art collector doesn't just run around the gallery buying things up. Learn what pieces are important to your wardrobe and buy the best." Even if your version of the best is a relative bargain. "The clothes I did for Target were not expensive, but they were very classic. In that regard, they were investment pieces."
- In this economic crisis, spend your last $25 on my book. How To Have Style...it will show you how to look fabulous with no budget!"
I have to say, the book is amazing! It truly will become your manual to all things fashion-related. You can also join the How To Have Style Community here where you can find inspiration and create a profile on Isaac's website! Enjoy!
More from Glamour:
Style setters looks on a real girl's budget
The glamorous (and affordable) tricks we stole from the stars
14 Sexy New Things to Do with Your Hair
Steal one of these celeb styles for a fabulous evening out on the town.
101 Ways to Have the Best Sex of Your Life
What to do/feel/think/try in your undressed state? Oh, let us count the great-sex possibilities...
- Subscribe to Glamour right now and get an exclusive TOTE BAG FREE!