Do you have a special occasion this weekend but haven't been as religious as you've wanted in going to the gym? Do you have an all day beach party to attend and want to look your best? Although there is honestly no substitute for a regular workout program that comprises strength training, there are a few tricks you can use to muster up a sleeker looking you within a few days of a big event:
Starting 3 days before:
- Cut out Salt: Salt causes us to retain water, which can easily add a few extra pounds of weight and make you look "soft" or bloated. Cut out salt for a few days before your big event. Also, avoid Asian food, salty condiments such as ketchup, A-1, and barbecue sauce, and canned or processed foods. These contain high amounts of salt or sodium. Also, cook without salt and avoid fast or fried food. If you eat any packaged foods, choose those that are low-sodium or sodium-free.
- Drink up: Drink a minimum of 8 8 oz. glasses of water a day. This will help flush out excess salt, promote regularity and will fill you up between meals. For extra detox, add some lemon juice to your water.
- Get a Glow: When you have a tan, your muscles look more toned and defined. To avoid getting too dark or "orangey," I recommend using a gradual tanner. A few to try: Aveeno's Active Naturals Moisturizing Lotion - Continuous Radiance, L'Oreal's Sublime Bronze Gradual Self-Tanning Lotion or Dove's Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer with Subtle Self Tanners for Medium Skin Tones. Make sure to tan for a few days ahead of time so you can build up the tan to a decent color for your big day.
- Avoid Chewing: Although liquid diets shouldn't be done all the time, consuming liquid meals for one or two days is a great way to promote regularity and eliminate waste. This will make your stomach look slimmer and help you feel slimmer. A few recipes to try include: Apple Cinnamon Protein Shake and the Kale Smoothie. They are high in nutrients and high in fiber, keeping you energized and satisfied throughout the day.
- Sculpting for a Day: For a few hours after strength training, muscles swell slightly, which makes them appear more toned and defined. Prior to getting ready for your event, do 3 sets of 10 push-ups, 3 sets of 10 triceps push-ups and 3 sets of upright rows (watch video). A triceps push up is done by sitting on a chair and extending your legs straight-out in front of you. Put your hands on the edge of the chair with your palms facing down. Supporting yourself with your hands, dip your body down until your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Straighten up and repeat. Also, if traditional push-ups are too hard, drop your knees to the floor for assistance.
The most important thing, however, is to feel good about yourself. Doing so, will make you look great!
CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Eat right and look and feel your best with Brett Blumenthal's #1 Bestseller "GET REAL" and STOP Dieting! - the most simple, straightforward, no-nonsense plan to eat healthy today, tomorrow and always! BUY IT NOW!