By Nici Perreault, GalTime.com
There's still enough time this summer for one more vacation! budget friendly vacation ideas
The end of summer can be hard to face... so don't! There's still time to plan a last minute getaway-- and it doesn't have to break your bank account.
5 Summer Vacation Steals
1. Washington D.C. - The nation's capital doesn't have to be expensive when you visit the Southwest Waterfront area. Just a short walk from the National Mall, the Waterfront neighborhood is a small fishing community with a great outdoor market. It's the home of Arena Stage, which is internationally renowned for its American theatre performances. Other nearby attractions include the Washington National's baseball stadium, the Titanic Memorial and of course the National Mall. Check out the Native American and Air and Space museums, FDR memorial, Jefferson memorial, U.S. Botanical Gardens and so much more. Take advantage of this section of Washington D.C. to avoid the expenses that usually come with a visit to this iconic city.
2. Belmont, NC - Home to the world-renowned Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, the region's biggest beach music concert series and the U.S. Whitewater Center (an official Olympic training site), Belmont is the perfect place to take that last minute vacation. With scenic views of historical homes, vintage streetlamps and red brick sidewalks, Belmont maintains the charm and hospitality of simpler times. It's a community that embraces entertainment and the arts and has great antique stores and local boutiques for those who are partial to souvenirs. This is a perfect getaway for anyone looking to escape the bright lights and fast-paced life for a weekend under $400.
3. Carlsbad, CA - If you're looking for a place that's family-friendly and kid-approved, purchase a package at the Carlsbad Sheraton Resort & Spa and be prepared for three days of fun. Included in the package is a two night stay in deluxe accommodations, round trip Metrolink tickets (Southern California transportation) and two Adult LEGOLAND California Hopper Tickets. Children under 12 eat for free. Package pricing begins at $458 per night and must be purchased 10 days in advance. Normally a room at the Carlsbad Sheraton start at $279/night and one adult LEGOLAND ticket is $110, so this is truly a fabulous deal. There's something for every member of the family. You can walk directly to LEGOLAND from the resort's entrance, enjoy golf at the Crossings Golf Course or visit the Ocean Pearl Spa to simply relax.
Related: 5 Beautiful Colored Beaches to Visit
4. Colonial Williamsburg, VA - The ideal destination for those looking for an easy, fun and affordable last-minute vacation is Colonial Williamsburg. It offers exceptional packages that take all the hassle out of planning as well as provide access to the Revolutionary City. Guests can get to know the characters of the 18th century, witness historic trades in action, check out the new Public Armoury and view reconstructions of colonial buildings. The Colonial Williamsburg Resort is the perfect place to unwind after a day's exploration. It boasts 45 holes of world-class golf at the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club, which is an award winning Spa of Colonial Williamsburg at the door of a city that offers history, shopping, diverse dining and more.
5. Bear Mountain, NY - Visit the newly reopened Bear Mountain Inn along the Hudson River Valley. Built in 1915, it's a historic landmark rich with Adirondack charm. Only an hour outside of Manhattan, it is easily accessible by car, train or bus from NYC. The property sits on Bear Mountain State Park and features a lake for boating, a swimming pool, a Merry-Go-Round, hiking trails, a zoo, picnic groves, and playgrounds. It's also close to West Point and points of interest for Revolutionary War buffs. Rates begin at $139 a night in August.
Whether you are a vacationer who simply wants to relax or one who likes to be on the go, these five places are great options to get in a short vacation before summer slips from your grasps. Everyone deserves a break and shouldn't be limited by finances. With these locations, you are sure to get the respite that you need without having to worry about costs. Remember, stress and vacation are not meant to mix.
More from GalTime.com:
- Airplane Etiquette: Don't Leave Your Manners at the Gate
- Secrets to Finding the Best Restaurants on Vacation
- Top Tips for Staying in Shape on Vacation
- 5 Travel Apps That Help When Trouble Hits