Yes, I'm serious!
Even though I've been telling you how to gear up for the new school year, I'm already thinking about next summer! As in, how can I take advantage of summer clearance sales now so that I don't have to buy clothes for my kids next summer?
When I was back-to-school shopping with my boys, I was floored at how many deals I found on summer clothes. Where I live, our weather is just starting to heat up! So it seems odd to find swim trunks on sale for $5. Or good quality swim shirts selling for $10.
The big question: What size will the kids be in 9 months? I usually buy one size larger than what my kid is now.
If you're like me, you'll want to know where you can find sales for next year's summer clothes. Check these out:
- Old Navy. Girls' tees for US$12, shorts for US$6? Clothes for boys, toddlers and babies are just priced to go as well.
- Gymboree. I don't buy anything at Gymboree unless it's on sale. And while sale prices may be higher than say, Old Navy or Target, the quality of Gymboree's clothes is fantastic and it's worth the sale price. These pleated jean skorts are adorable for US$20. And we dig these plaid cargo shorts for boys, priced at US$12. And big boy shirts, up to size 12, from US$8-12. Go!
- Gap Kids. Shorts galore for boys and beautiful tops for girls, all reasonably priced.
- Sports Authority. For real. You can find some serious deals on athletic shorts for boys and active wear for girls. The stores are clearing out all of their summer gear, so check the racks for some really good buys. You'll find much more available in store than what you'll see online.
- Target. Boys' swimwear and girls' swimwear are both on clearance. You can find swim trunks for four bucks and some girls' swimsuits for under US$10.
Do you try to take advantage of summer gear sales now to prepare for next summer? What sales should we add to the list?
Share your child's back to school photos and any other fun, embarrassing or incredible moments that you have captured on the Moments of Motherhood Flickr Group. While you are here take part in discussions with other moms.