By Jeannine Morris, Glamour magazine
We all experience nights, whether restless or reckless, that quickly turn into mornings where we wake up looking just a little less than alert. But as the story goes, when that alarm buzzes, it's time to get up and hide our tired eyes. I got the scoop from Physicians Formula Celebrity Makeup Artist, Joanna Schlip, on how to look alert with a few makeup tricks.
1. Line the top of your eye three quarters of the way starting where the color of your eye begins and take it out to the spot where the crease in your eye ends. Creating a thick line on the top gives the illusion of fuller lashes, which opens the eye. Try Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum, $10.95.
2. Trace a soft, thin line underneath your lashes on the bottom of your eye. Make sure you avoid the inner rim. It will only make them appear smaller.
3. Smudge a highlighter or a shimmery eye shadow underneath your brow bone and place a tad in the inner corners of your eyes for an instant pick-me-up.
4. Fill in your brows from the arch to the outside of your eye to add lift. I like the Estee Lauder Artist's Eye Pencil, $19.
5. Apply false lashes to the outer most corners of your peepers, curl them and add mascara.
And woo-la! Grab a grande non-fat latte with an extra shot of espresso and no one will ever know about your rough night.
More on www.beautysweetspot.com
What are your early morning pick-me-ups?
More from Glamour:
- How to Find Your Body's Best Jeans
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- Why He Hasn't Proposed (Yet)
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
Photo Credit: yslbeautyus.com