After months of rain, sleet, and snow, Spring is just around the corner! And while I am especially happy to see the sunshine, this change in weather is going to make my New Year's resolution that much easier to achieve. Throw in a couple of gadgets to appeal to my geeky tendencies and suddenly, it's not work at all. Here are my picks that will have you running, lunging, and swimming your way right into Spring.
- Incase Sports Armband ($30) - Nothing screams Spring like a burst of bright green. That's why I'm loving this sports armband from Incase. It's lightweight, washable, and the Velcro band means it'll be a perfect fit every time. And since it's made of neoprene and reflective materials, it comes in handy if you're out after dark.
- Fitbit ($99) - Fitbit is the ultimate fitness gadget. First of all, it tracks everything - calories burned, sleep habits, steps taken, even the intensity of your workouts. Then it wirelessly uploads all of your stats to the web, allowing you to track your progress over time.
- Waterproof Headphone System ($80) - Once Spring hits, look for me at the outdoor pool. Make laps more enjoyable and rock out to your favorite tunes with the H2O Audio Interval Waterproof Headphone System. The waterproof case keeps iPod shuffles dry as a bone, and the waterproof headphones attach easily to most goggles.
- Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor ($90) - When it comes to heart rate monitors, I only do Polar. The FT4 is comfortable and stylish enough for everyday wear, but full of all sorts of neat features. The highlights: it keeps track of multiple training sessions, training hours, total time of in-zone training, and calories burned.
- Phillips DirectLife ($99) - If the Fitbit or Nike+ aren't your thing, try DirectLife. If you're moving, it's tracking it. But Phillips tries to up the ante by offering personal coaches to its users. Once your data is uploaded to the web, an expert will review it and send you updates about your performance that include tips on how to improve.
10 Geeky Gadgets to Spice Up Your Kitchen
Spring Fever: Give Your Gadget Wardrobe an Overhaul
Gadgets, Gear, and Games For Your Fit Life
Follow GeekSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of GeekSugar on Facebook