In "The Carrie Diaries," Sex and the City writer Candace Bushnell reveals what Carrie Bradshaw was like in high school, before the days of Mr. Big, Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda, and Manolos. We've got an exclusive excerpt from the SATC prequel, but we've also assembled a quick cheat sheet on what we learned so far about Sarah Jessica Parker's alter ego from our special sneak peek:
1. Carrie was a trendsetter even as a teen: She rocked a pair of vintage white patent-leather go-go boots on her first day of senior year.
2. Carrie was career-minded even at a young age. In the book, she applies to a summer writing seminar at the New School in New York City.
3. Carrie still sticks to her girlfriends. Lali and Maggie take the place of Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda.
4. However, we see hints of Carrie's adult life in the book. One of her classmates is Cynthia Viande: class president, head of the prom committee, and all-star Girl Scout. (Basically, a total Charlotte.) Cynthia's frenemy is Donna LaDonna, who turns heads at assembly wearing a very revealing wedding dress, like Madonna during her "Like a Virgin" days. A pre-SATC Samantha perhaps?
5. The Mr. Big in Carrie's teen love life could be the mysterious new student, Sebastian Kydd, that's got the entire school buzzing.
Do you plan on picking up a copy of "The Carrie Diaries"?
Photo Credit: amazon.com
More from Teen Vogue:
- Q&A With "The Carrie Diaries" Author Candace Bushnell
- Cover Story: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth on The Last Song
- Miley Cyrus: A Fashion Timeline
- How to Get Miley's Personal Style
- Looks for Less: Get Miley's Cover Look For Under $100