Fox Mobile announced their entry into the tv-on-your-smartphone field last week during the CTIA wireless conference in Las Vegas. Called BitBop, it's an on-demand streaming service that gives you access to a boatload of TV shows right on your BlackBerry - with iPhone and Android apps heading our way soon. But BitBop isn't the only one who's bringing the TV love to your cell. Check out five other ways you can get your favorite shows on your smartphone . . . you know, like they've been doing for years in Japan!
- FLO TV ($10 a Month) - Going live later this year, FLO TV allows you to stream live television to your iPhone with the help of a battery pack from Mophie that acts as a receiver.
- MobiTV ($10 a Month) - Another app that brings you live TV on your smartphone is MobiTV, which works with AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon, and on over 400 devices.
- SPB TV ($15) - Exclusively for Android users, the SPB TV app doesn't require a monthly subscription, but it does get you access to hundreds of public channels in over 17 countries.
- SlingPlayer ($30) - If you have a Slingbox at home, you can stream your live TV to your mobile with the SlingPlayer app. Currently works with the iPhone, BlackBerry, Palm, and Windows phones.
- iTunes (Free) - The 'ole standby, iTunes works perfectly with your iPhones or iPod Touches to bring you a variety of TV shows and movies to watch on the go. iTunes is free, of course, but unfortunately the shows you'll be buying are not.
Do You Use Voice Commands on Your Gadgets?
Help Nokia Design the Phone of the Future
White Hot: The Blackberry Bold 9000
Follow GeekSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of GeekSugar on Facebook