SavvySugarSource: 6 Winter Date Ideas That Won't Break the Bank
Winter weather offers a great opportunity for cozy, creative dates, so we've come up with fun, inexpensive options to keep your social life humming no matter how low the temperature dips. Take a break from the classic dinner-and-a-movie routine with one of these original ideas.
- Hit the Lanes: Keep things fun and flirty with a trip to the bowling alley. Not the best athlete? Laugh it off when your ball falls into the gutter. Known for scoring strikes? Make a bet: winner picks the next date plan. Play a round or two by yourselves, then invite friends to join you for some extra games.
- Try a Tasting: Visit a local brewery and enjoy a beer tasting for two. Order a flight of beers and rank your favorites. Make a mental note of which one he likes best and surprise him with a bottle of it the next time you meet up.
- Connect in the Kitchen: Try taking a cooking class to learn new recipes that you can test together later. Check online for local deals to save on the sign-up fee or just re-create the experience in your own kitchen by tackling a new recipe together.
- Slip On Your Dancing Shoes: Whether you love to dip and twirl or can't quite keep a rhythm, try a dance class together and share a laugh. Doing something new will bring a fresh energy to your date, and you'll get to see a different side of each other and your interactions.
- Stay Outside and Skate: Make the most of the wintry weather by sticking to one of the seasonal classics. Skate, sled, or channel your youth by building a snowman, then take it inside for a cozy cup of hot chocolate and a movie marathon.
- Pretend You're Tourists: Visit a museum, take a bus tour, or spend the afternoon snapping pictures of your city's most famous landmarks. Keep an eye on your city's free museum days and check out the places you've always meant to see but never have. End the day by rehashing your adventures over a homemade dinner.
7 Romantic Winter Date Ideas
The Pros and Cons of Being Friends With a Former Crush
5 Ways to Bring Sexy Back
Follow SavvySugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of SavvySugar on Facebook