Instead of putting together a list of February Must Haves, I've compiled a list of February Must Dos to help you stay on track with your 2010 goals and keep your finances in order. Get a fresh start to this short month with these must-do savvy moves.
- Assess the Budget Goals You Set in January - You started the new year off with a laundry list of resolutions and goals, and if you're persistent, you've kept up your efforts. Take time in February to assess how realistic your January goals were by looking at your spending in all categories and whether or not you are keeping them up.
- Adjust at Least One Area of Your Budget - Unless you can foresee the future, there's always room to adjust the budget. Doctor the budget you set in January by taking a closer look at January spending and adjusting so you are saving more, spending less in unnecessary categories and allocating funds in all the right places.
- Save More Presidents - Whether you have Monday, February 15 off in honor of Presidents' Day or not, use the day as a reminder to save more green presidents! Start by targeting your financial weakness.
- BYOB to Super Bowl and St. Patty's Day Fetes - Super Bowl Sunday and St. Patty's day are fun revelry holidays, but wild times at the sports bar or pub can get pricey quick. Plan an at-home celebration with friends and have everyone bring their favorite tailgating or Irish (depending on the day) brew.
- Think Taxes - Your 1098, 1099 and W-2 statements should have arrived! Put all your tax documents together and finally make a date with your tax person or map out when you will do them yourself. Stick to the date.
- Go Green...As in Paperless - Don't just wear green on St. Patty's day: Make a commitment to going green this month by signing up for online bill pay if you haven't. You'll save on stamps, can keep receipts online and will reduce your paper waste.
- Plan Your Presidents' Day Sale Agenda - Major retailers go all out with Presidents' Day sales every year. If you are in the market for a big ticket item scope out sales in advance online or in newspaper pamphlets so you get the very best deal. If you need help making your shopping list Consumer Reports says this is the month to buy houses and condos, humidifiers, outdoor furniture and treadmills and ellipticals.
Savvy Tip: Deduct Your Donation to Haiti on Your 2009 Taxes
In Need of a Cubicle Cleanup
6 Simple Tips to Boost Creativity and Kick-Start Your Career (and Your Week!)
Follow SavvySugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of SavvySugar on Facebook