It takes more than a killer outfit to prompt a guy to approach. Send these signals and hotties will be crossing a crowded room to meet you.1) Even though stripes and patterns are in right now, single shades convey more power and trustworthiness: Solid colors equal a solid person. Unless you're rocking a tiny cocktail dress or other overtly sexy outfit, avoid all black since it makes you look like a no-nonsense boss - yawn.
2) A subtle adjustment of your clothing - we're talking straightening out a wrinkled skirt, not meticulously lint-brushing your entire outfit - shows guys that you want to look good for them, which boosts their ego. We figured out what guys really think about your looks.
3) Yes, men find heels sexy. But that stiletto is even sexier when it's dangling off your toes. A half-off shoe shows that you have a playful mind-set and you're not planning on going anywhere. But if your legs are crossed when you do it (or anytime they're crossed, for that matter), make sure your top leg is the one farthest away from the guy you're into. Otherwise, he'll get the impression that you're closed off.
4) For maximum man magnetism, show off your shoulders with a strapless dress or sleeveless shirt. Bare shoulders plant one thought in a dude's brain: boobs. And as long as you're working your shoulders, shrug them forward ever so slightly when you meet a guy's gaze. It mimics the cradling of a baby, and while the mother of his children may not be what he's looking for after a car bomb at Drinky McGillicuddy's, his brain is still hard-wired to be attracted to the gesture.5) Cosmo got bartenders from some of the hippest bars in the country to spill what they've learned about dating. Here's one tip: Lean on the bar with one arm so you don't look rigid or uncomfortable. The stiffer you stand, the more you look like you don't want to be bothered. And while confidence is sexy, don't take it too far by standing with your hands on your hips. You may think you look like Wonder Woman, but without the hot pants, you just look unapproachable.
6) You've heard the expression "looking down your nose at someone." Well, don't do it. (In fact, lowering your chin slightly so that you're looking up at people is extremely flirtatious and alluring.) And don't cross your ankles in front of you - it tells guys you'd rather be someplace else. Find out what his body language means.
7) Kinda shy? Stand in the middle of a group of people - you'll talk more and appear especially popular, which raises your status in his eyes.
Get more from Cosmopolitan.com!
Know a Single Guy? He could win $10,000!!
Want More Sex & Love Advice? Subscribe to Cosmo & Save up to 71%!
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.