iStockphotoBetween late party nights and deadlines at work, it's sometimes impossible to fit in the recommended eight hours of sleep per night needed to keep those under eye bags stowed. Here are eight ways to fake a refreshed and well-rested look even if you can't remember the last time you snoozed soundly.
1. Use a light simulator when you wake up to trick your mind into starting off the day.
2. Stretch. One great stretch equals the same amount of rest as a 10-minute nap, and takes a fraction of the time.
3. Choose your shower lotions based on invigorating ingredients: peppermint, citrus oils, and lemongrass will wake up your senses.
4. Meditate while under the shower head and visualize the day.
5. Hide under eye bags with concealer and firm your face with a gentle toner or mask to relieve the night's puffiness to give the appearance of a well-rested individual.
6. Use black or navy mascara to make your eyes look bigger and purple shadow to brighten your eyes.
7. Embrace coffee but also ingest porridge or muesli to balance your blood sugar.
8. Always stay busy. The more you have to do, the less you'll feel the yawns.
Posted by: Bianca Posterli on The Frisky
More to love from The Frisky: