Work + Money
- Astrology.com Financescopes | Work + Money | Wed, Oct 24, 2012 2:11 PM EDT | Comments
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
Tackle every problem as if it's a fatal flaw. Real problems are hiding among the minor glitches, and it's impossible to know what is safe to overlook. Treat everything as if it demands a real solution.
Today's Aries Reading: Free Sample Past Life Reading
Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
When it comes to your personal financial turmoil, no one really wants to hear about it. You can't drum up any compassion for your situation no matter how hard you try -- but you can dish it out, Taurus. Have pity on someone who has less than you do.
Today's Taurus Reading: Free Sample Karma Reading
Gemini (May 21 - June 21)
Don't send out fuzzy signals. Your message has to be crystal clear, or it will be only case confusion -- or worse.
- Brides | Work + Money | Wed, Oct 24, 2012 1:13 PM EDT | Comments
by Heather Lee, Brides
14 steps to slashing your wedding budget in half. Starting Budget: 50,000. For the approximate cost of a 125-guest wedding in peak season with 12 attendants, letterpress stationery, abundant floral decor and cocktail-hour provisions, an ornate cake, and an eight-piece band. Watch as the budget magically shrinks with these easy tips!
More from Brides:
...Read More »
- Mandy Seay, Quickeasyfit | Work + Money | Wed, Oct 24, 2012 11:09 AM EDT | CommentsThe workplace can feel like one of the most stressful places in our lives. Since work is an everyday task we can't avoid it's no surprise that it comes with a little bit of stress attached. Having to work the daily grind to pay for food, bills, extracurricular activities and take care of your family puts added pressure, making you one big stress ball. However, that doesn't mean you have to be miserable the second you step foot in the office. There are plenty of ways to relieve stress at work, taking a few minutes each day to relax and laugh will help you manage your stress.
Employers across the country are recognizing what a negative impact stress has on a person's overall job performance. If you feel like you or your co-workers are being brought down by stress in the work place, take the time to make your own made manual to help relieve stress in the office.
Acc...Read More »
- Cnbc | Work + Money | Wed, Oct 24, 2012 10:27 AM EDT | Comments
By Guillaume Desjardins, CNBC.com
There's much more to high-school popularity than just being elected prom-king or prom-queen, a recent study from a top economic research organization that is tasked with calling the beginning and end of recessions, has found.
Social skills necessary to developing networks of friends also leads to a substantial difference in long-term income, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER).
By attempting to design an "Econometric model of friendship formation and labor market outcomes," the study found out that a teenager's popularity in high-school is directly and positively related to a subject's income decades later.
The research team based its work on a 1957 study that asked students at a Wisconsin high-school to name up to three of their best friends. Forty years later, the result shows that "moving from the 20th to 80th percentile of the high-school popularity distribution yields a 10 percent wage premium."
[More from CNBC:...Read More »
- Sydney Server | Work + Money | Tue, Oct 23, 2012 7:45 PM EDT | Comments
It's possible that you've read tons of self improvement blogs by now. But what if you had the chance to change your life for the better health-wise, and financially speaking? And, what if you could help others in the process?
One suggestion would be to start a fitness center. While giving up your day job to do something you love might seem like a pie in the sky dream, realizing this goal is very feasible.
For starters, you'll need to determine what revenue models will be used. A fitness center gives you multiple options to make more than one stream of revenue. Take this Fitness Center In Wynwood for instance:
It has a rooftop pool, that patrons can lounge in before or after a workout. When night falls, this can be transformed into a social destination.
While not all fitness centers may offer this option, it's wise to look for locations or centers that stand out from the crowd, and bring something new to the table.
It's what you aim for that will come...Read More »
Today on Yahoo!
PICK OF THE DAY
- Shopping steals in Jan. Work + Money