Work + Money
- Astrology.com Financescopes | Work + Money | Thu, Jan 24, 2013 1:32 PM EST | Comments
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
You have plenty of energy for family today -- but unfortunately, you also have a lot of financial obligations you need to deal with. Get done whatever work you can as early as possible, so you can spend time cooking, cleaning or consoling loved ones.
Today's Aries Reading: Free Sample Career Strengths Reading
Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
You love nothing more than socializing over a good meal -- unless it's picking up the tab. Someone may try to beat you to the punch today, and that creates a bit of unwanted tension. It's nothing you can't work out, Taurus.
Today's Taurus Reading: Free Sample Past Life Reading
Gemini (May 21 - June 21)
Budgets are being posted today, and people may be surprised by what they get or don't get. Some may be downright mood
- Astrology.com | Work + Money | Thu, Jan 24, 2013 11:16 AM EST | Comments
Your Sun Sign's Secret to Professional Success
It's no secret that any unique talents you possess can help you stand out at work. Now, with the powerful Sun and mindful Mercury having entered the free-thinking sign of Aquarius, put your own Sun sign to work for you with these concise tips on how to best make your mark professionally!
The ideas you gain from meeting and communicating with people from all walks of life will help you stand out from the crowd in your professional field.
Taurus: Promote yourself.
The more your managers and colleagues know about your abilities, the more successful you'll ultimately be.
Gemini: Study and travel.
Life is about constantly learning, so never forget that your adventures will always provide fuel for your upward success.
Cancer: Invest in your future.
Your career won't last forever. Take time to learn how to create extra income through savings, property, and other investments.
Unearth how your ambition, natural skills and sociability can get you on the fast t...Read More »
- Savvysugar | Work + Money | Wed, Jan 23, 2013 6:38 PM EST | CommentsSource: Make Your Own: Amazingly Easy Homemade Fabric Softener
Made from all-natural ingredients, this eco-friendly fabric softener helps fluff and freshen your clothes without artificial fragrances or ingredients. Vinegar is a natural softening agent, making it the perfect base for this homemade DIY. The addition of an essential oil, such as lavender, orange, lemon, or mint, which are antibacterial, keeps your clothes wonderfully clean and smelling fantastic. And, what's even better, this laundry booster only costs a few dollars to make.
What You'll Need:
- Large jar or container with lid
- 16 ounces distilled white vinegar
- Essential oil
- Fresh herbs
- Simply measure and add four cups of vinegar to a jar and 10 to 12 drops of your favorite essential oil. Simply shake and add 1/4 cup to your washing machine's fabric softener dispenser per load of laundry. For an extra boost of scent, add a sprig of fresh rosemary, lavender, or mint.
- To make in
- Savvysugar | Work + Money | Wed, Jan 23, 2013 6:34 PM EST | CommentsSource: Ultimate Guide to Getting Rid of Stuff You Don't Need
Starting the New Year means clearing out the old. It's a good idea to get items you don't use out of the way because they will fill up valuable space in your home. Get ready to sell your stuff with these tips:
- Electronics. If you're thinking about selling your electronics, consider Gazelle.com, buymytronics.com, and nextworth.com. These sites are great because they'll quote you a price for the item you wish to sell. You can always consider selling it back to the original retailer itself if you're wary about third-party sellers. For instance, Apple has a great recycling program.
- Receipts and documents. Nip your pack rat tendencies in the bud and start sorting out documents to trash or stash. Throw away receipts for items that you aren't planning on returning, and ones that you won't need to use come tax time. If you're wary of throwing away receipts, you can make a digital copy of them with a basic scann
- Geeksugar, | Work + Money | Wed, Jan 23, 2013 5:59 PM EST | CommentsSource: 3 Unexpected Uses For Emoji Icons
Emoji was the biggest thing to happen to texting since . . . texting. The mobile communicators of the modern age have found all sorts of creative uses for the iPhone's Unicode pictographs - but there's a couple more inventive applications for Emoji that you might not know about. We've got the scoop on three unexpected uses for Emoji that'll make your iPhone a more fun - and organized - place to be.
- Contacts - Add appropriate Emoji based on your favorite people's interests. It adds personality, and it's a good memory-triggering device, too! Met a fellow skier at a party? Stick her number in your phone with little skis. Emoji is also a good way to find groups of friends. Add a little cocktail emoticon by all of your girlfriends. When you want to go out on Friday night, search for the cocktail in "All Contacts," and there they are.
- App Folders - Instead of having random apps strewn about your phone, you can organize them into
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 6 of 48
PICK OF THE DAY
- Shopping steals in Jan. Work + Money