Work + Money
- Babble.com | Work + Money | Mon, Dec 3, 2012 3:38 PM EST | CommentsOne of the questions I hear most often from other moms who want to work from home is "how do you manage your time?"
Work Hard AND Smart: 3 Ways to Manage your Time and Maximize Earnings as a Work-at-Home …
Often these women picture trying to fit the traditional 40-hour, 9-5 work week around family time, and just can't imagine how it can possibly work.
The truth, though, is that managing your time at home is a different animal than in the typical office job. In a corporate environment, meetings, socializing, and getting drawn into projects and discussions that probably don't need to include you can suck up a lot of time.
At home, laundry, TV and Facebook pose more of a threat.
But the good news is, if you're efficient and disciplined, you can get more done in a lot fewer hours when you manage your own time. Working at home requires you to make the most of your working hours so that you can make the most of your not-working hours. The solution isn't just working smarter, but taking advantage of your strengths, energy rhythms, and working ten...Read More »
- Astrology.com Financescopes | Work + Money | Mon, Dec 3, 2012 1:11 PM EST | Comments
Aries (March 21 - April 19)
When you're not feeling all that great -- about yourself, your finances or life in general -- then you're tempted to do something desperate to shake things up. What you end up doing doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. Big change may come at the cost of nothing more than, well, small change.
Today's Aries Reading: Free Sample Life Path Reading
Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
People are rushing to your rescue, sweeping you into their arms like a crying baby. Or so it feels for fleeting moments today! Don't let admitting defeat become a habit, but for the time being, if it keeps you afloat, use it.
Today's Taurus Reading: Free Sample Friends and Lovers Reading
Gemini (May 21 - June 21)
Money is pretty tight today. You
- Galtime.com | Work + Money | Mon, Dec 3, 2012 12:45 PM EST | CommentsMaximize online savings
Online Savings Toolkit
Want to score outrageously brag-worthy bargains this holiday season? Then skip the mall mayhem!
From making a list and checking it twice, here are the very best sites, services, and no-brainer tech tools to login, load-up, and start saving now!
1. Better Christmas List
Smartphone app organizes your gift list and keeps an eye on your budget
Ditch that coffee-stained list you scrawled out on the back of an envelope and take a page from the tech-savvy Santa playbook with the Better Christmas List app. Having this easy, intuitive, budget-conscious gift organizer in the palm of your hand is like having your very own elf! Just download, type in your gift list, organize it by groups (family, friends, co-workers), and set a budget. It even has a password-protected option to make sure your tech savvy kids don't take a peek!
2. Dealnews...Read More »
Best of the latest crop of deals delivered straigh
- Mandy Seay, Quickeasyfit | Work + Money | Mon, Dec 3, 2012 10:42 AM EST | CommentsWe all know that every time Christmas comes around the temptation is to get the wallet out and splash out on lavish presents and food and drink for friends and family. But if money is tight this Christmas and you want to go into the New Year without a millstone of debt hanging around your neck here are five useful money saving tips for you to consider this Christmas.
Young woman with santa cap holding piggy bank
Take advantage of the sales - Don't be too proud not to consider buying Christmas presents in stores where there are big sales. Your loved ones don't need to know where your gifts came from and how much they cost. If you can buy a present they'd really like at a discount price then so much the better.
Budget, budget, budget - Too often Christmas shoppers spend a fortune on presents without thinking about the consequences of how they'll afford it until after the event. This is a sure-fire way to New Year debt. Why not calculate exactly how much you can a...Read More »
- Betterhealthblog.com | Work + Money | Mon, Dec 3, 2012 9:55 AM EST | CommentsWe all must avoid certain behavioural patterns while we are at our workplaces. Indulging and frequenting unethical habits not only extract bad impression out of you, the situations might also land you in great trouble, such as termination or suspension from your job. Below are the top 10 habits that you must avoid at the workplace.
Habits You Must Avoid at the Workplace
2. Discrimination - Never make the mistake of discriminating against others on facts based upon religion, nationality, caste, color and other differences. Be respectful of the origination and ethnicity of other employees since doing otherwise might harness resentment for you.
Read-G...Read More »
Today on Yahoo!
PICK OF THE DAY
- Shopping steals in Jan. Work + Money