Source: A Beginners Guide to Google+
Google opened up Google+ invites to all users this morning, and if you've received an invite in your inbox, you're probably thinking - "Awesome! What do I do now?" Have no fear. We'll walk you through some of the available features that come with Google+, and the first things you should do once you get in.
- Edit Your Profile: First thing's first - you gotta fill out your profile! Click on the Profile button in the top nav bar, then "Edit Profile" to begin.
- Fill in the Blank: You can then add a profile photo, and list details like your occupation, places lived, age, marital status, and whether you want your profile visible in search. You can also add links to your other networks, like Twitter, LinkedIn, and websites.
- Create Some Sparks: Sparks is like an RSS feed for your favorite subjects. You can list your interests, then check out the compiled articles and blog posts from around the web whenever you have time.
- Hangout!: Hangouts let you video chat with a number of people at the same time. It's an awesome tool for families who all want to chat together at the same time, and so far has been smooth and crash free.
- Invite More Friends!: Now that you're in, invite more of your friends!
The Pros and Cons of Google+
What is Your Dunbar Number?
What's New in Google Search
Follow GeekSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of GeekSugar on Facebook