By Ashley Mateo, SELF magazine
Actress Emily Rose is thrilled to be starring in SyFy's freaky new Fringe-meets-X-Files drama, Haven (it's based on a Stephen King novella). "I get to wear a gun on my hip!" she told us. "Who doesn't want to play an FBI agent?"
As Agent Aubrey Park, Rose travels to Haven, Maine on a routine case that quickly turns into something much more mysterious--the small town is home to a number of residents with supernatural afflictions. Rose's character also has her own hidden past, and might just be connected to this town she feels so drawn to.
In honor of her new role, we asked Rose to share her supernatural secrets for staying so fit, healthy and down-to-earth while shooting amidst the elements in Halifax, Nova Scotia - that means fog, scorching heat and pouring rain, potentially all in one day!
1. I drink as much green tea as possible - anyway I can get it into my body. Warm, iced, extract...I'd inject it if I could! It gives me a boost of energy, and the antioxidants are great for my skin."
2. "I'm on set from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm so I never have time to go to the gym. I bought the Barre Method DVDs and uploaded them to my iPad so I can do them wherever I want."
3. "Instead of eating a big meal, I use my lunch hour to snack on fruit and take a quick nap - it completely rejuvenates me!"
Catch Haven on the SyFy channel on Fridays at 10 p.m.
MORE FROM SELF:
- Eat these superfoods for flat abs
- SELF's annual healthy food awards showcases 66 fast fix foods you'll love to eat!
Look divine from behind with just a few simple moves
- Beat the heat with one of these no-cook meals tonight
- Find the best swimsuit for your body type now!
Photo Credit: IMDb.com