Bon Appétit | January 2011
by The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
yield: Makes 4 servings
active time: 35 minutes
total time: 45 minutes
The product: Rich yogurt with great flavor.
The payoff: No need to drain regular yogurt.
- 1 cup finely diced fennel bulb plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- 3/4 cup whole-milk greek-style yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, finely ground
- 1 large egg white, beaten until frothy
- 2 cups (about) panko (japanese breadcrumbs) or fresh breadcrumbs
print a shopping list for this recipe
Place fennel bulb and fronds in small bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt; toss. Let stand 10 minutes. Mix in yogurt, mint, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle 1 side of each fillet with ground fennel, salt, and pepper. Brush with egg white; coat with panko. Turn over; repeat with seasoning, egg, and panko.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish. Cook until opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with tzatziki.
MORE FROM EPICURIOUS.COM