Checking in on Foursquare can get you more than Mayorship - it can get you some pretty sweet deals if you know where to look. More and more businesses are offering up discounts for their Mayors, and even kicking back a little coin just for visiting. Find out how you can save money, get a great deal, and even make a little cash, just by using Foursquare, Loopt Star, or other location-based apps.
- 25 Percent Off Gap Purchases - Just by checking in twice at your local Gap store on Loopt Star, you'll get an automatic 25 percent off of your purchase!
- Mayors Get $10 Off at Sports Authority - Check in enough times at one of 463 Sports Authority locations, and it can save you money - Mayors get $10 off their purchases!
- Mayors Get $1 Off Frappuccinos at Starbucks - Through June 28, Mayors of nationwide Starbucks locations get a cool $1 off of their favorite Frappuccino.
- Earn Travel Reward Points With TopGuest - An emerging membership service, TopGuest, lets you choose which location-based app you want to use - be it Foursquare, Loopt, Gowalla, or others - to check-in at various locations and earn points. Right now, you can check in anywhere and earn Delta SkyMiles, or check in at Starwood Hotels to rack up the points. More partners are being added all the time, so sign up and sync up!
- Earn Cash With WeReward - That's right - cash! WeReward actually pays you to check-in at businesses in your town by issuing "Rewards Points" for each check-in or completed task, which are worth a penny each. After you verify and claim check in rewards, cash is sent to your PayPal account, where you can rack up the points and make a few bucks in the process. Take a look at their helpful demo video on the WeReward website.
Foursquare Getting Friendly Check-in Competition From Loopt
Which Location-Based App Is Your Favorite?
A Location-Based App For Real Friends Only
Follow GeekSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of GeekSugar on Facebook