Every girl loves a new lip gloss--especially if it tastes as good as it looks! If you're looking to add a personal touch to your gifts this year, try making your own candy-flavored lip color. From peppermint to toffee, your friends will love tasting like their favorite holiday treats!
Related: Need a running plan? Try one of ours!
What You'll Need:
1 cup grated food grade beeswax or paraffin wax (available at most large supermarkets)
2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
5-7 drops Vitamin E Oil
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup crushed cranberries, or strawberries, etc.
Candy Canes, Pop Rocks, or your favorite holiday candy
Small tins or leftover lip gloss pots.
What To Do:
1. Fill a saucepan halfway with water and turn the heat on medium-low.
2. Add the vegetable oil and beeswax to a cup and set the cup in the saucepan, creating a hot water bath to melt the beeswax.
3. Keep stirring the beeswax until it's melted about halfway, then add the honey and berries.
4. Once liquified, remove the cup from the water and stir in the Vitamin E oil.
5. Put candy canes or your favorite hard candy in a microwave (it helps if you crush them up a bit with the back of a spoon) and melt them completely.
6. Mix this into your cup.
Related: 34 De-stressing Snacks for Weight Loss
Let your lipgloss cool in the refrigerator for a few minutes and then scoop it out into tins. Decorate them for a perfect home-made stocking stuffer!
More from SELF:
- Heidi Klum's Happy, Healthy Life
- 10 Ways to Lose Weight Like a Guy
- How to Destress with Yoga: How To Do A Sun Salutation
- The Workweek Diet
- Makeover your upper body now!
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio