Source: Doable DIY Gifts: Gift Card Glitter Globes
It's hard to give someone a gift card sometimes because it can feel a little impersonal. Here's an idea: encase the gift card in pretty glitter globe for a clever, thoughtful gift. This DIY project is really simple to make and requires minimal effort. Make sure you tell the recipient to take out the gift card in a few days because although the card will still be usable, it's better to play it safe and remove it before something happens.
Here are the materials you need:
- Jar: you can use a jam, olive, or salsa jar.
- Gift card
- Hot glue gun
- First, empty the jar and wash it out along with the lid. Remove the label by soaking it with hot water and scrubbing it off. I added oil while I was scrubbing bits of the label off with a brush, and it definitely helped.
- Use the hot glue gun to draw a thick line across the inside of the lid.
- Take your gift card and immediately push the card down on the line. Let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- Shake the glitter into the jar and add water.
- Take the lid with the gift card and screw it back on.
- Tie a ribbon around the bottom and shake your glitter globe!
Doable DIY Gifts: $5 Plant Arrangements
An Easy Handmade Holiday Gift Idea: Tub Teas
Savvy Things to do Before the Year-End and Other Hits of the Week!
Follow SavvySugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of SavvySugar on Facebook