Source: Handy Gmail Tips You Can Use Everyday
I've been using Gmail for years, and against my advice, most of my family hesitated to ditch their stale ISP-issued email accounts for correspondance (ie: Comcast.net). Thank goodness most of them have finally seen the light and migrated over. Are you (or someone you know) a newly coined Gmail convert? Then share this post with them, or bookmark for later reference!
- Tired of those boring text-only signatures or canned responses coming from your Gmail account? Take note: Gmail supports rich text signatures! Add links, colors, images, or formatting to your Gmail account signature, or any other account you've set up to send from Gmail. It's super easy to set up - just head to your settings page, scroll down to the Signature section, and design away!
- You can drag and drop attachments in Gmail, but did you know you can also select multiple attachments, find attachments in search, and view attachments online?
- You can enable Google Maps previews in Gmail and Google Buzz, eliminating the need for copying and pasting addresses. Just head to Settings > Labs, then scroll down to "Enable Google Maps Previews."
- Drag and drop isn't just for documents - you can drag images into messages, too!
- You can work in multiple windows to compose separate messages.
- Master keyboard shortcuts to compose messages quickly.
- Quickly insert a calendar invite so you can coordinate with friends, family, and colleagues.
A Geek Girl's Guide to Digital Safety
Check Out all Our Geek Tips Here
Check Out All Our Gmail Coverage Here
Follow GeekSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of GeekSugar on Facebook