This year's lovely Oscar nominees may want to take a few notes, since Sunday is a long day and they're sure to be partying straight till dawn. Cameras are everywhere so they need to stay gorgeous till the end.
We convinced a few well-known party gals to give up their tried and true tricks. The best part? They'll work wonders for you too! Check out all 21 tips here.
Get a Leg Up
"My favorite trick for glowing skin is to apply shimmer, not glitter, right above the bow of my lip and just a touch down my nose," says Kim Kardashian. And for days she's not feeling her best, she relies on LnA leggings. "I'll wear them under a dress because they hold me in so much.
CHECK OUT LAST YEAR'S HOTTEST OSCAR LOOKS
"I do my own hair for the Academy Awards," says Lauren Hutton, founder of Lauren Hutton cosmetics. "I put MoroccanOil Treatment [$39] and Bumble and Bumble Tonic Lotion [$18] on damp hair and air-dry it to bring out my curl." Her favorite makeup tip? "Colored liner is a fun way to jazz up your look. I use my Glamoureyes Liquid Eyeliner in Bali Green and Roman Purple [$20 each]."
GET DIY HAIR AND MAKEUP TIPS FOR BIG NIGHTS OUT
Get a Summer Glow Year-Round "I always use self-tanner to keep my skin from looking too pale in cocktail dresses," says model Doutzen Kroes, here with Zac Posen.
WHICH OF THESE PARTY GALS LOOKS THE MOST GLAM?
Showerless Shampoo "Klorane Dry Shampoo [$18] saved my life," claims Tinsley Mortimer, Dior Beauty ambassador. "My blowout lasts for up to four days." The secret to her radiant complexion? "Dior HydrAction Mask [$35] instantly refreshes my skin."
SECRETS BEHIND HOLLYWOOD'S MOST-WANTED HAIRSTYLES
Eating and Drinking Tips:
- Try a Different Kind of Bubbly: "Eat before you go out," says New York City publicist Alison Brod. "Crunchy peanut butter on bran crackers will curb your appetite for hours. The combination of sweet and salty kills multiple cravings at once." She also suggests - believe it or not - drinking beer instead of wine. "It fills you up so you'll eat less."
- Diet Drinking: "True alcohol like vodka tends to have fewer calories than wine," explains Patricia Wexler, a dermatologist who sees much of Manhattan's elite. "Try a diet tonic and vodka, but drink slowly."
- Don't Forget Breakfast: "Eat breakfast," says Lauren Hutton. "When you skip it, you'll crash hard and crave unhealthy food all day." She also avoids mixing proteins and carbs during a meal.
More from Harper's Bazaar:
- Think You Have Great Style? Enter to Win $10,000
- DIY Tricks for a Sexy Evening Look
- 11 Fashion Tips to Flatter Any Figure
- Goodbye Cellulite: Treatments That Work
- Looking for More on Fashion, Beauty, and Shopping? Subscribe to Harper's Bazaar!
Reprinted with Permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.