Cleaning house can feel like a gargantuan task, especially when you've let things slide for a few days too many. But it doesn't have to be such a time-consuming undertaking. By incorporating these easy tips into your daily routine and prioritizing the areas that have a knack for getting the messiest the quickest, you'll find that keeping the house in order is as easy as pie. The only drawback is that now you'll have to figure out what to do with your new-found free time.
- Do the dishes or place them in the dishwasher after every meal. (5 minutes)
- Wipe down countertops and stove with an all-purpose cleaner after cooking. (2 minutes)
- Wipe up any spills and sweep up any crumbs after eating. (2 minutes)
- Keep sanitizing wipes under your bathroom sink so you can quickly wipe the countertop after each time you wash your face or brush your teeth. (2 minutes)
- Once a week, wipe the toilet and seat rim and clean the toilet bowl. By keeping the cleaning products within reach, you'll be more likely to reach for them even if you're not doing a major cleaning (2 minutes)
- If you've already started a load of laundry, don't consider it finished until you fold and put away clean clothes. Doing it right away ensures you're less likely to have piles of clean clothes on your bed. (5 minutes)
- Each morning, clear bedside tables of dishes, books, and reading glasses from the night before. (2 minutes)
- Get into the habit of making your bed every morning, the moment you get out of bed. You'll be happy you made the time when you come home that night. (2 minutes)
- Every few days, wipe the tables with a microfiber cloth to pick up dust while you watch TV. (2 minutes)
- Break out the Dustbuster to swoop up crumbs on the floor and in the couch cushions. By doing this while you watch TV, you're integrating the chore into your daily routine, instead of waiting for a deep-cleaning session. (2 minutes)
- Before retiring for the evening put away all entertainment gadgets, DVDs, newspapers, and games that have been left out. (4 minutes)
More from DivineCaroline:
Habits of Happy People
5 Surprising Foods That Boost Immunity
10 Life Lessons from Fall TV's Leading Ladies
Foods That Make You Beautiful
The Many Surprising Uses for Oats
10 Products to Ban from Your Home Forever
Celebs That Look Better Without Makeup
Connect with DivineCaroline:
Find us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Share your story!
Originally written by sharon, DivineCaroline member