The seven individuals named as godparents to Prince George today represent something of an upper crust motley crew: the septet span a range of ages and stations, and each has a very different connection to Will and Kate. There was one godparent in particular-Hugh Grosvenor-who really caught our eye, however, at first due to his age. As we know from Philosopher Taylor Swift, 22 is an age marked by feelings of happiness, freedom, confusion and loneliness-misery and magic, both at the same time. But, we'd imagine, based on what we can glean of Hugh's life on the Internet, his misery/magic ratio is probably severely weighted toward the latter.
Here's what you should know about Hugh:
1) He's preposterously rich. Hugh-whose actual title is Earl Grosvenor-is the only son of Gerald Grosvenor, the Duke of Westminster, who is the richest man in Britain. This means Hugh will one day inherit his estate (which includes 100 acres of Mayfair and 200 acres of Belgravia, two of the most expensive areas in Britain). His father's worth is estimated at a not-too-shabby £7.35 billion (equivalent to roughly $12 billion).
2) His 21st birthday party was insane. Like, this bash would put the soirees of MTV's My Super Sweet Sixteen to shame. The celebration was held in a marquee in the gardens of Eaton Hall, on his parents' estate, and drew 800 guests. Comedian Michael McIntyre and hip hop duo Rizzle Kicks performed; the dress code was "black tie and neon"; a "light show" went off at midnight. The whole shebang is rumored to have cost up to £5million ($8 million). And the ultimate sign that your party has achieved greatness: Prince Harry himself attended. That's like Michael Jordan gracing a pick-up basketball game with his presence.
3) He's actually kind of private. Unlike many others in his position, Hugh did not-like William and Harry-go off to boarding school. The family generally stays to themselves (photographers and the media were barred from his 21st birthday, for example). Naturally, that will likely start to change now after the godparent appointment. Perhaps by December, he'll be snapped squiring Cara Delevingne to a Ed Sheeran concert. (Allow us our dreams!)
4) He's got three sisters. The Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe to his Rob, or the Mary, Edith, and Sybil to his . . . well, if they had a brother, Hugh is the third-oldest of the four siblings: there's Lady Tamara (married to Edward van Cutsem, and thereby aunt to Grace) and Lady Edwina (married to a TV historian, dedicated to working on prison reform), and then Lady Viola (who maintains a semi-active Twitter presence), who is a year younger than him.
5) We would believe you if you told us he was 14. Kid looks young, is all we're saying.