These helpful buffer zones allow an orderly exit-and reentry-with a place for everything.
• Open hooks for airing out damp outerwear
• Shelves with bins for corralling accessories
• A seat for pulling footwear on and off
• Resilient surfaces that dirt can't hurt
Shown: This one-wall mudroom can handle a season's worth of athletic gear and outerwear with floor-to-ceiling cubbies
These kitchen offshoots keep supplies centralized and out of the cooking zone.
• Open shelves for quick access and slide-outs for heavy items
• Fuss-free surfaces in case of spills
• Good lighting for easy hunting
Take a closer look at this room's Strategic Sliding Door, Low-Profile Lighting, and Backup Power
Potting Rooms - First-class finishes and a fun hit of color make for a pleasant gardening place.
• A deep sink with a raised faucet to fit pots and watering cans
• Tall shelves and roomy cabinets for tools and containers
• An easy-care work surface and floor
Laundry Rooms - These well-organized, well-lit rooms help take the dread out of wash day.
• Countertop space for folding
• Cabinets for containing detergent and other supplies
• Sink for hand-washables
• Rods or racks for air-drying