Last summer, we took our first trip to Mall of America. It was really fun! We were there for a 4 day trip and spent time in the mall, went to the aquarium (in the mall- Underwater Adventures), the Nickelodeon amusement park in the mall and Valley Fair amusement park, about 20 minutes away.
If you are planning a trip to Mall of America, I highly recommend getting a Mall of America coupon book. I sent away for the guidebook and it had a coupon inside it for $4.95 (regular price $9.95).
Here is how we saved money!
- Free plane tickets. My husband (Walt) has a Continental One Pass membership and had saved up enough miles for (3) plane tickets.
- $25 off Budget Rent a Car. I got a $25 gift card from MyCokeRewards.com, saving us some $$ off our car rental. Plus, Walt found an upgrade code for a nicer car!
- Free Internet service at the Hilton. They gave us this special perk because Walt is a member of the Hilton Rewards program.
- I brought my own magazines and books from home for the plane trip, saving money at the airport newsstand.
- I also packed some snacks for my son Cam.
- Cam went crazy for the Lego store. It was really cool and they had some really good deals on Legos. We got him a Lego boat for $17. I saw the same one at Target for $34. We also saved $5 with a coupon from the coupon book.
- 10% off at Harry and David. I got this coupon from the Entertainment Book.
- Outback Steakhouse coupon, $10 off $25.
- 99¢ breakfast at Ikea. We had never been to an Ikea before, it was so cool! They had a cafeteria there and served breakfast, lunch and dinner. We went there for breakfast and it was pretty good. The huge $1 cinnamon rolls were really good. And I couldn't believe the prices on furniture! They had some really high quality furniture for a lot less than other stores.
- Underwater Adventures Aquarium, $4 off admission coupon (from MOA guidebook)
- Free admission and parking to Valley Fair Amusement park. We have Cedar Point passes and that gets us into all the parks that Cedar Fair owns. It was a really nice park. We all really enjoyed the rides and games. And have you ever tried cheese curds? They were so good, better than mozzerella sticks! I wish I could have found a way to bring some home! If you are ever in Minnesota, be sure to seek them out. Besides Valley Fair, they also have them at Culver's.
Diane Schmidt is owner of Savingsmania.com, http://www.savingsmania.com, your guide to savings, deals and more!
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 6 of 48