If you spent the week carefully monitoring your spending and trying to be productive and efficient, don't be reckless on the weekend and blow all your efforts with a Saturday spending spree or pricey meal you can't afford. Consider these smart saving tips before you whip out your wallet.
- Plan Inexpensive Things to Do This Weekend - More than half of you admit that spending more money on weekends is a given, but that doesn't always have to be the case. Challenging ourselves to occasionally be more mindful of our money on weekends may make us think twice before blowing our budgets on those days when watching our wallets isn't necessarily on our minds.
- Save Big When You Eat Out - Tough times for consumers mean empty tables at restaurants - and to fill them, restaurants are making menu changes and slashing prices, or offering discounts. Take advantage of the deals by researching in advance.
- Shop For the Best Buys at Warehouse Clubs - Almost every list of saving tips includes some mention of buying things in bulk. But if you're not the Gosselins or the Duggars, are warehouse clubs (like Costco, Sam's Club, and BJ's Wholesale) really that great of a deal? The answer is yes - if you know how to shop smart.
- Calculate a Purchase in Terms of Hours Worked - As much as we all promise ourselves that we'll only buy things we absolutely cannot live without, sometimes in the heat of the shopping moment that mentality is substituted by one of like, not love.
- Take a Hands-Off Approach to Spending Less - Research shows that you don't necessarily have to stay out of stores altogether, but you should be mindful of where you put your hands if you want to refrain from spending.
Money Tip: Make Weekday Lunches on Sunday
Save Money by Paying More Than the Minimum
More Saving Tips
Follow SavvySugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of SavvySugar on Facebook