How much do you plan to spend? Consumers plan their holiday spending
What are you planning on spending for the holidays? A new holiday shopping survey finds that 62% of consumers will spend the same or more than they did this year as they did last year.
Of those who indicated that they will spend more money this holiday season:
- 42% said they are making more money this year
- 34% attributed their decision to better prices on gifts
- 22% said they have confidence in the economy
- 13% said they will spend more due to increased credit limit
- 8% are tired of being frugal
The survey was conducted by PriceGrabber ® . "Our survey data found that shoppers are not only expecting to find great prices and bargains this holiday season, but 59 percent of consumers plan to start shopping even earlier this year to spread out the impact of purchases, compared to 53 percent in 2011," stated Rojeh Avanesian, vice president of marketing and analytics of PriceGrabber. "Our data indicates that 17 percent of consumers plan to start their holiday shopping in September and 31 percent plan to begin in October this year."
How much do you plan to spend this year?
More from GalTime.com:
- Three Ways to Save Big on Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- Holidays in a Snap with Apps
- How to Take the Very Best Holiday Family Photos
- Getting Crafty At Home for the Holidays