There's one thing the economy can't affect and that's a family's level of fun. If budget cuts and pink slips have you grounded this Summer, use a bit of imagination to staycation at home with the kids. Whether your children are interested in a sand and sea getaway, boarding a cruise ship or exploring America's big cities, we've got tips and tricks for how you can give them any and all of those experiences while getting a lot of bang for your buck. Skip packing bags or printing out itineraries and check out our choices!
- The Great Outdoors: Pitch a tent for a backyard adventure without having to worry about any campground regulations!
- Cruise With the Kids: Leave the ocean sickness at bay and participate in some of these shiptastic activities!
- Life's a Beach: A coastal getaway tailored to your kiddos. Bring home the surf, sand and sea.
- Rev It Up For the Ranch: Giddyup lil doggies! It's time to get the wee ones fired up for some time on mama's kickin' dude ranch!
- New York, New York!: Babe, let's bask in the bright lights of the Big Apple and take a bite.
- The Windy City For Wee Ones!: Chicago offers kids deep dish pizza, Navy Pier and the Sears Tower so take them to the Windy City.
- DC Is Where Your Kids Need to Be: Politikids will love learning a few tricks at The Spy Museum and taking note of our country's forefathers in Washington DC.
- Everything Is Big in Texas: Hee Haw! Texas offers tots history at the Alamo, musical entertainment in Austin and good grub for hungry tummies.
- Leave Lil Hearts in San Francisco: Open the Golden Gate! The city by the bay is a coastal mecca for free thinking and progressive opinions. Expose your mini mes to different cultures here.