These four fads that range from annoying to unfair to downright dangerous are finally on their way out. Let's send them on their way and hope to never, ever see them return.
1. Bridezillas: Most Obnoxious. Term. Ever. Not only is it just a veiled way of calling a woman psycho, but let's be real - most of us aren't going to short circuit if our bouquet has 11 sprigs of baby's breath instead of 10. Which is why we're so thankful for finicky hubbies-to-be like Russell Brand and Simon Cowell, whose ridiculous demands for their weddings have inspired the term "groomzillas." This new addition to the lexicon has helped place bridezillas on the endangered species list - which is exactly where they belong.
The Real Reasons Wedding Season Is So Darn Dramatic!
2. Soaking Up UV Rays: You know that a real tan - from the sun or a tanning bed - is all kinds of bad for you. And when the new Tan Tax goes into effect in July, we expect to see the cancer-triggering trend decline at an even faster rate. If you still crave a glow, there are plenty of perfectly safe self-tanning options that will leave you bronzed from head to toe. But, fair ladies, you don't have to be jealous of olive-, brown-, and black-skinned babes: Pale is making a serious comeback thanks to the white-hot stars of Twilight, and au naturel ladies like Kristen Bell, Kate Bosworth, and Anne Hathaway, who prove you don't need a tan - real or fake - to look hot in summer clothes.
Is It Safe to Use Sunscreen Left Over from Last Summer?
3. Wives with Skimpier Paychecks: New research from the Pew Center shows that more and more women are outearning their hubbies. The findings show that in 1970, only 4% of wives made more moolah than their spouses. In 2007, however, 22% of wives brought home more bacon than their guys. Here's hoping this is one trend that never goes out of style.
People Get Paid to Do That?! Check Out These 8 New Jobs
4. Boring Grandmas: From her hysterical Super Bowl commercial to the Facebook-led campaign to have the 88-year-old host SNL, Betty White is rocking our world right now. And she's not the only silver fox with total street cred: On Gossip Girl, the fabulously waspy Grandmom CeCe shows those kids how conniving is really done, and the Kardashian matriarch, Kris Jenner, doesn't look a damn thing like any of the me-maws we grew up with. We're so loving this hot new breed of blue hairs - as long as they don't morph into Cougar 2.0s and make a play for our guys.
Which trends would you like to see end forever?
Read more at Cosmopolitan.com!
- Wacky Beauty Tips That Work
- How to Make Your Breasts Look Amazing
- How to Find His 9 Pleasure Triggers
- Find What He's Not Telling You: Decode His Body Language
- How Your Sex History Bruises His Ego