Winter's coming. Along hot chocolate, snowmen, and flannel sheets, it brings along with it dry, flaky skin. Get a head start on keeping rough patches at bay with this DIY facial recipe from Vida Spa.
5 BEST COLD-WEATHER BEAUTY REMEDIES
Vida Spa's Homemade Herb Cleanser
Ingredients (available at most natural health stores)
1 part dried lavender flowers
1 part dried chamomile
1 part dried rose petals
3 parts oat flour
1. Mix and grind (a coffee grinder works well) the herbs together.
2. Add oat flour and blend thoroughly.
3. Place 1/2 tsp. of the mixture in a small bowl and mix with enough water to create a paste with a yogurt-like consistency. Warm the mixture in a small pan on medium-low heat for 5 minutes so the herbs more easily absorb the water, creating a creamier cleanser and a softer exfoliation.
4. Massage over the skin, avoiding the eye area.
5. Remove with a warm cloth and follow with moisturizer.