Spring is a time for cleaning, getting rid of old and unused items, and redecorating. We have fast and easy makeover ideas for every room in your house. Check out 10 of our favorites and find 5 more ideas here.
1. Host a New Kind of Garden Party "Have a party where every guest is asked to bring a plant of one color - say, purple - for an instant garden with a little story of friendship behind each plant." -Raymond Waites Get even more ideas for throwing a gorgeous garden party.
2. Add a Little Bit of Wallpaper Wallpaper the inside of your bedroom closet. Try these patterns for small spaces.
3. Give Something Old a New Look Find a tired old bargain brass chandelier at a thrift shop or antiques shop. Spray paint it white. Or a color - if you have the courage.
4. Reorganize Bookshelves Sort books by size and subject. Remove and discard any ripped dust jackets (unless you think they might have value). Line books, some vertically, some horizontally, in a rhythmic pattern. This will relieve the monotony of rows. Want more ideas? Try these unique uses for bookshelves.
5. Paint the Ceiling Paint the ceiling of a white room a pale, pale blue or gray. It will feel as if there's no ceiling at all. Check out these designers' favorite shades of gray.
6. Add a Pretty Potted Plant "Buy a tree in a basket or planter and put it in your loneliest corner. I love a fiddle leaf fig for its sweet platypus bill-like leaves. If you want to go the extra mile, stick some uplights behind it." -Celerie Kemble Also think about sprucing up your outdoor space. Get inspiration from these gorgeous outdoor living rooms.
7. Split Up a Pair of Lamps Split up a pair of lamps and put one on either side of your sofa. Or buy a floor lamp for your sofa and use the pair in different corners of your room. Browse these living room designs for ideas.
8. Arrange Flowers the Easy Way Conquer your fear of flower arranging. Anybody can arrange one type of flower in one color, cut short. Buy twice as many as you think you should - too much of a good thing always works with flowers. Put any extra stems in small glasses.
9. Styled Storage Store out of season items, then organize your closet as they would in a retail store: coordinated by color. Learn how to design a closet that works for you with these helpful tips.
10. Use a Real Rug in the Bathroom Put a real rug, not a bathroom rug, in front of your bathroom sink. It will hold up just fine.
More from House Beautiful:
- This Is What Cozy Decorating Looks Like
- Beautiful Designer Bathroom Photos
- How to Do More with a Small Kitchen
- Living Rooms We Love
- Get More Creative Ideas for Your Home: Subscribe to House Beautiful Magazine