by Gizem Ozcelik, REDBOOK
Health and beauty experts everywhere have recently been raving about the numerous benefits of antioxidant-rich berries. Not only are they yummy to eat, but extracts from berries of allkinds have also been proven to help a majority of skin problems-and even slow down the aging process! All berries have antioxidants to counteract the damaging effects of free radicals, whether it's blueberries and raspberries or more exotic berries like acai and goji. They help to visibly brighten, smooth, firm, and tone skin. Try a handful of these superfruit-infused beauty products. Below, some of our berry-good picks for you to slather on.
1. So-Good Serum. The antioxidant from the blueberry and pomegranate extracts in Goldfaden Blueberry & Pomegranate Hydrating Serum ($65, goldfaden.com) work together to repair damaged skin and help to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Pore-fect Oil. Recently dubbed "the most healing berry of all time," this superfruit, which is one- third the size of a blueberry, offers a powerful combo of vitamins and nutrients (andwas even endorsed by Dr. Oz!). Add the berry to your nightly beauty routine by rubbing a few drops of Swell Oil of Sea Buckthorn ($22, swellskin.net)onto your face before bed; the oil nourishes skin with its 190 bioactive ingredients and gives you softer skin by morning.
3. All Eyes on You. Set your sights on a brighter outlook with Borba Age Defying Eye Crème Concentrate ($19.99, borba.com). This luxurious eye cream has acai berry extract (a natural antioxidant from the Brazilian rainforest) as well as a long list of nutrients like vitamins A and E that help to diminish wrinkles, dark circles, and puffiness.
4. Lip Lip Horay! Need some lip action? Give your pout the ultimate treat with C.O. Bigelow Lemonade Stand Lip Balm in Lemon & Raspberry ($5.50, amazon.com). Antioxidants from the raspberry extract help protect lips while the tart lemonade flavor quenches your sweet tooth.
5. Sip Some. Drink up your daily dose of skin health with Detoxifying Antioxidant Water Booster Goji-Maqui from dr.Brandt Skincare ($39, drbrandtskincare.com). The formula features goji berry, the exotic fruit that is said to grow in the sheltered valleys of the Himalayas. Just one dropper of this antioxidant and potassium-rich liquid daily will combat premature aging and rid the body of harmful toxins. A bonus? It's caffeine and calorie-free!
Related: 5 Dresses Every Woman Should Own
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.