Save the date! When and where to find the best holiday deals
Everyone knows November and December are the busiest retail months, but consumers are often left wondering how to shop for the best deals throughout the holiday season.
Look no further than this calendar of savings to help stretch your dollar further this holiday season!
- November 10th: Fill Your Toy Chest Day. Toy retailers are expected to have the highest percentage of items go on sale two weeks before Thanksgiving!
- November 15th: Clean Your Refrigerator Day. How can you stock up on all those Thanksgiving Day favorites without first making room in your refrigerator? Clear space for the turkey and all the necessary ingredients and don't forget to make room in the freezer for all those yummy leftovers!
- November 18th: Get Your Frozen Turkey Day. The average turkey (feeding 10 people) weighs 16 pounds, which equates to four days of thawing time. Purchase your turkey the weekend before Thanksgiving to allow plenty of time for thawing. Buying fresh? Pick up your bird by Tuesday, November 20 th .
- November 23rd: Black Friday. You won't necessarily need your tent and sleeping bag to snag the best deals this year. More retailers will be offering Black Friday door busters online. While it's still a gamble, you can try your luck grabbing one of these rock-bottom deals from the comfort of your own home.
- November 24th: Small Business Saturday. Visit neighborhood shops for unique and personal gifts you can't find elsewhere in support of your local economy.
- November 25th: Deck the Halls Day. Thanksgiving is over, Black Friday has passed, and you showed support for your local businesses. Now it's time to enjoy a spirit-filled Sunday! Gather up the family, hang those holiday decorations and relax by the fire; rest easy knowing holiday deals will still be around next weekend!
- November 26th: Cyber Monday. With everyone searching online for the best holiday deals, online scammers come out of their caves. Protect yourself and shop only from trusted sites. For added security, type in website URL addresses instead of following email links. When you're ready to check-out your online purchase, look for "https" at the beginning of the URL; the "s" indicates a secure checkout.
- December 10th: Green Monday. Regarded as one of the biggest shopping days leading up to the holidays, retailers can't resist advertising special sales to get you in the shopping mood. Why not take advantage? Green Monday deals can be found all over.
- December 14th: Stamp and Ship Day. The post office in December is enough to send even the most relaxed person into a holiday tailspin! If you plan on sending holiday cards or presents, mailing them today will ensure they arrive to your loved ones in time for all the festivities. As an added bonus, mailing items today will help you avoid rush postal charges.
- December 17th: Retailer Free Shipping Day. Since no one wants to pay for shipping, today is a great day to save a bundle on shipping fees if you prefer your packages to be signed, sealed and delivered. If your preferred retailer isn't participating, be sure to check Coupons.com for "free shipping" codes and other ways to save on your holiday shopping!
- December 23rd: National eGift Card Day. Procrastinate on a gift for that hard-to-buy-for family member? It may be too late to send a gift, but a $25 e-gift card is always preferred over a last minute ugly mitten and scarf set.
- December 26th: Coupon Code Day. If Santa didn't bring what you really wanted, don't despair! Coupon codes are a great way to save on everything from toys and apparel to that new camera you've been dreaming about. Coupled with your holiday gift cards, coupon codes can help you secure big savings on the gifts that were really on your holiday wish list.
More from GalTime.com:
- Important Rules When Giving Gift Cards this Season
- Top 7 Ways to Keep the Happy in the Holidays
- How to Create a Chic (and Cheap) Thanksgiving Table
- Hot Jobs Right Now