By: Kerri Winick and Andrea Krivelow Celebutante Sisters
Getting your gams silky and stubble-free isn't always easy! (Can someone say razor burn? Ouch!) To help you put your best foot forward, we contacted Anthony Sosnick, shaving guru extraordinaire and founder of Anthony For Men. Check out his "smooth" moves for fabulous skin below:
- Always cleanse the skin before you shave. It is important that the razor has a clean surface to avoid ingrown hairs and razor burn.
- Try a pre-shave oil in and around the bikini area to soften the skin for a close and smooth shave.
- Make sure to shave in the shower with warm water, as this not only softens the hairs, but can help them to stand up for an easier shave.
- Always shave in the direction the hair grows. This helps to avoid razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
- Make sure to change the blade on a regular basis, as a dull blade can drag and cause irritation.
- Try to use a non-foaming cream or gel, as the thicker product allows the blade to get close to the skin, hence a closer, smoother shave free of ingrown hairs.
More from GALTime.com:
- Get Rid of Those Ugly Bikini Bumps
Adult Acne: Why is Picking So Addicting?
- YOU ASKED: How Do I Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
- Hide That Muffin Top Plus 9 Other Hollywood Secret Fashion Fixes