We all know how hard it can be to talk about touchy subjects with our significant other. You know, things like money and sex. When do we bring up the topic? How? Getting it right can make all the difference. One wrong move and you're in a heated argument, for sure.
It's time to get down to business and talk with our husbands (or wives) about some serious issues--you know those touchy subjects like money, our health, and sex.
Before you wade into those deep waters, here are a few tips you might consider.
1. Never interrupt, cut the other person off, or talk over them.
2. When the other person talks, repeat what they say (in short form) so they know you have heard them. Trust me; as weird as this sounds; it works!
3. Avoid eye-rolling, and other negative body language.
4. Process what you are being told instead of immediately reacting on the defensive. You may have misunderstood.
5. Start your sentences with "I" instead of "you" to avoid the "pointing finger syndrome." (for example: "I get really upset when I feel that I'm being ignored" instead of "you really make me mad when you don't listen to me…")
6. Watch the bad habit of sounding annoyed and irritated all the time. It creeps in when you least expect it.For the rest of Deborah's 12 important tips, click here.
What's the hardest thing to talk about in your relationship? What's your secret to successful communication? Leave a comment and let us know!
More from GALTime.com
10 Things Parents Do To Ruin Their Kids' Social Lives
MEN Benefit More In Marriage
Miniature Must Haves for Your Handbag
Want more Money? Join the CLUB!
IMPORTANT: How to donate safely to Haiti
Follow us on Twitter
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 6 of 48