Santa knows that everyone likes to feel appreciated, but even the Big Guy is aware that the season can get mighty expensive. Here are some affordable gifts guaranteed to put smiles on faces while keeping the reins on your spending.
1. Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris. Released in 1997, this hysterical collection of essays by now-famous author David Sedaris will delight even the Grinch-iest Grinch on your list. Darkly humorous yet full of relatable insights into the human condition, Sedaris captures both the love and the maddening spirit of the holiday season. (Paperback, available at Amazon.com for $4.72)
2. Champagne Caress Bubbling Bath Oil. On a chilly evening after a long day of shopping, there isn't much nicer than a luxurious, scent-infused soak in a hot tub. This special bubble bath blends saponified vegetable oils and pure glycerin with and a delicate yet rich aroma. Give someone special an excuse to relax. (from American Soap Company, $8.95)
3. Black Market Gourmet Barbeque Sauce. Got a man on your list who loves to grill? Try one of these three delicious and unique flavors from Black Market Gourmet: Cranberry, Apricot or Blackberry. All of the sauces are organic and preservative- free. (from Black Market Gourmet, $7.50)
4. Famous Faces Journals. If there is a writer and pop culture buff to shop for, you can't go wrong with one of these whimsical journals. Choose from Audrey Hepburn, Dr. Spock, and Michael Jackson, among others. (from Jenni Bick Bookbinding, $8.95)
5. Drumstick Pencils. Know someone trapped in an office but whose inner-rock drummer is just dying to express himself? Behold the "Drumstick Pencils," perfect for pounding out that last minute memo to your co-workers letting them know you'll be leaving early for the holidays. (from ThinkGeek, $7.99)
6. Czech Glass Pearl Shaped Wine Markers. Adorn your stemware beautifully and help keep everyone's drink straight with these lovely wine charms. A perfect hostess gift and one that is sure to be used, and treasured, for many years. (from Etsy, $8.00)
More from Intent.com: