What to Stock Up on in March
Most of us buy new products whenever we need them-a vacuum cleaner when our old one decides to quit, beauty products when we run out, and winter coats when we can no longer stand the cold. Apparently, this isn't the best way to buy, especially if you're looking to save some cash.
Some products have a get-it-cheap month or season-you just need to know when to buy. Looking for wrapping paper in December? That's a no-no; buy it in January instead. Want to invest in a new television? Best wait until April.
With a little planning, you can save money in the long run by stocking up when the time is right. Here's what you should focus on in the month of March.
China and Flatware
1. China and Flatware: If you still have the same set you received as a wedding present, now is the time to update. March is a great month to shop around for dishes; it's right after Christmas and entirely avoids the wedding rush. You might get patterns from last season, but you'll get them for a great price.
2. Perfume: This product is a go-to gift for boyfriends and husbands everywhere, so it's best to avoid the Christmas and Valentine's Day crowds. Instead, wait a few weeks and make this purchase in March (It's worth the wait!).
3. Gardening Tools: Your lawn might still be covered in snow, but March is the time to start thinking about gardening tools. Home improvement stores offer rakes, hoes, and shovels at a discounted rate-up to fifty percent-so it's finally time to re-evaluate that hand-me-down spade.
Ten Pinterest Accounts You Need to Follow
4. Jewelry: Jewelry stores are finally coming down from their Christmas/Valentine's Day highs, so make a big purchase for that special someone (or yourself!) this month.
5. Cleaning Supplies: It's spring cleaning time, and companies that sell cleaning products know how to take advantage of it by offering discounts. Sure, we all hate this yearly event, but getting a good deal might just make up for it.
6. Winter Apparel: Out with the old, in with the new. As hats, coats, and gloves are replaced with spring dresses, sandals, and tank tops, prices drop to get rid of the excess. If you have been looking for those perfectly priced winter boots, now is the time to take the plunge.
Ski and Snowboard Equipment
7. Ski and Snowboard Equipment: Buying a new snowboard or set of skis is a pricey purchase, but it will be less painful this month. We're nearing the end of the season, so March is a great time to find discounts before the stores get too picked over.
8. Luggage: With the holidays long over and summer vacations far (so far!) away, March is definitely not a hot travel month. Now is a great time to buy a new set of luggage for that beach vacation in July.
More from DivineCaroline:
Connect with DivineCaroline: