Picture an album of perfect vacation photos: no red eyes, cropped heads or blurriness. John Owens, editor-in-chief of Popular Photography, helps you take your best shot.
1. Make sure the camera is on Auto mode to get the best exposure.
2. Get in close. Fill the frame with the subject, not the environment.
3. Stand with your back to the sun and your subject facing the sunlight.
4. Hold the camera steady by placing your elbows against your sides. If it has a viewfinder, look through it.
5. Place the camera's focus dot on the person's eyes, push the shutter halfway down to focus, then press all the way to snap the picture.
Related How To Articles at WomansDay.com:Dress Like Your Pet Contest Winners
10 Faces in the Sand