Staycations just don't compare to vacations. So use these savvy tricks for saving cash while jet-setting.
- For the lowest possible price, book no more than 90 days before your flight, and no fewer than 21 days beforehand. This is when airlines are most eager to fill seats. You can also often get the lowest fares when you leave on a Tuesday or Wednesday, since most people don't want to travel on those days. Find out how to be your guy's dream travel date.
- When it comes to finding deals on plane tickets to your dream destination, bing.com is your best bet. It predicts whether fares are rising or dropping on popular flights, and also lets you track airfares. Just enter in your destination and the dates you'd like to travel, and they'll send you an e-mail whenever prices fall. Get the must-pack beauty products.
- Join a hotel chain's loyalty club. Then, when checking in, tell the desk clerk you're a devoted regular and politely ask if there's any way they could give their "best customer" a free upgrade.
- It's way cheaper to book a rental car online than in person once you're there. Before buying insurance, check with your personal auto insurance company or the credit card you reserved it with. Many of them include coverage for rental cars. Look sexy in any time zone.
- Travel during "shoulder season": May or September. Hotel and airline rates will be lower than during peak season and there will be fewer tourists, but restaurants and attractions will be still be open.
Check out more brilliant-and budget-friendly-travel tips here.
More from Cosmopolitan.com:
Guess the celeb tattoo!
Can you match the A-lister to the body ink?
The Secret to Looking Sexy in Photos
A top celeb photog spills the insider tricks.
4 Annoying Things Guys Do on Facebook
Forget the "poke." Where's the "b---- slap" when you need it?
"A Cougar Stole My Boyfriend!"
Read about how older women stole these chicks' men.
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.