Source: Tune Into Cable With These iPad Apps
Watching your favorite shows on your TV at home is so 2010. Thankfully, cable providers are slowly but surely allowing us to untether from our sofas and take our TV-watching on the go with a few handy iPad apps. Check out the streaming TV landscape in this guide, where all the apps are free with a paid subscription to your cable provider!
- HBO Go: Stream over 1,400 of your favorite HBO shows with the HBO Go app. Free with an HBO subscription, you can watch every single episode of HBO hits like True Blood and Sex and the City, with the added bonus of behind-the-scenes features. Customize your Watchlist and set a Series Pass to automatically load your favorites.
- TiVo: Free with a subscription to TiVo's Premiere box, the TiVo app acts as an advanced remote control, designed to be used alongside your TV and TiVo box. You can quickly search and browse for shows and listings without interrupting what you're watching. You can also manage and schedule recordings more easily. Other cool features include getting recommendations based on shows you like, commenting on your favorite shows and movies via Facebook and Twitter, and viewing cast and crew profiles to learn more about the shows and movies you love.
- Time Warner Cable TV: With the Time Warner Cable TV app, your iPad becomes another TV and allows subscribers to watch select live cable channels with WiFi connection. Time Warner urges subscribers to "stay tuned" for an expanded list of available channels and app functionality.
- U-Verse Mobile by AT&T: While the U-verse Mobile app allows you to stream some shows over AT&T's 3G network via the iPhone and iPod Touch, the stream and watch feature is not yet available on the iPad due to content rights limitations. For now, you can use the app to view the channel guide, schedule DVR recordings, and mark your favorite shows and channels.
- Verizon FiOS: Customers of Verizon FiOS can browse and search TV programming and video On Demand listings as well as program their DVRs remotely. For lucky HD set-top box holders, the iPad also works as a remote control. However, Verizon has yet to include video streaming.
- Xfinity by Comcast: Comcast's Xfinity TV app lets you watch thousands of hours of TV shows and movies with a WiFi connection. The app can control your cable box and help you quickly and easily search and filter TV listings and On Demand. Schedule your DVR recordings remotely, and set parental controls to keep kids at bay.
Download of the Day: Discovr
Check Out All Our iPad Coverage Here
Check Out All Our Apps Coverage Here
Follow GeekSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of GeekSugar on Facebook