I've wanted to share this story with you ladies for the longest (so sorry for the delay)! The peeps over at Shape Magazine sent over this great story to me last month and I thought it would be really cool to see those beauty must haves that stylists, makeup artists, spa owners, and models just have to have. Some can be found as close as your nearest Walgreens or found exclusively at a hotel spa. Either way, it's a great list of beauty recommendations (I know I found a few I would like to try out!) Enjoy the categories I have highlighted and let me know if any of your faves made the list! For the complete story, visit Shape.com !
- Victoria 's Secret Sunkissed Bronze Instant Self Tan Lotion ($12; victoriassecret.com) "I grew up on the beach and love a bronzed look. To get that gorgeous glow safely, I smooth on this self-tanner once or twice a week. The lotion smells like coconut, not chemicals, so it reminds me of summer all year long.'' -Adriana Lima, swimsuit model
- Jergens Overnight Repair Nightly restoring moisturizer ($7; at drugstores) "This has antioxidants that repair skin over time-and it does all that work while I'm asleep!" -Sapna Westley, M.D., a dermatologist in NYC
- Ila blissful Body Scrub ($95; fourseasons.com/losangeles) "I recently started to eat more organic foods and decided that I wanted to green my beauty routine too. That's when a friend told me about this scrub. It contains only natural ingredients and leaves my skin feeling silkier than any other product." -Bethany Goodfellow, lead therapist at the Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
- Nexxus comb thru Finishing mist ($11; at drugstores) "Some hairsprays don't provide enough hold, while others make strands too stiff. This prevents flyaways without giving me helmet head. '' -Kristan Serafino, a celebrity hairstylist in NYC
- Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti Frizz Shampoo ($20; sephora.com) "Formulated with an organic oil that seals out humidity, this fresh-smelling shampoo keeps my frizzy hair in line-no matter the weather. Now I look amazing rain or shine." -Jessica Gillin, a hairstylist at the Marie Robinson Salon in NYC
- Aveda Beautifying Composition ($21; aveda.com) "I think I have the driest hair in America ! This smoothing oil helps keep my strands moisturized and shiny. I pinch a little onto my ends when they start to look and feel fried from heat styling." -Andrea Arterbery, beauty blogger for theglamazons.com
- Roux 'tween time instant hairColor Touch-Up Stick ($7; sallybeauty.com) "This crayon-like tube of temporary hair dye is the best invention on the planet for covering grays. I keep one handy for times when I'm too busy to sit in the salon chair." -Giselle, a celebrity colorist at the Susan Ciminelli Day Spa in NYC
- Shu Uemura art of hair Essence Absolue ($65; shuuemuraartofhair-usa.com) "It's my go-to product because I can use it all over. I comb it into damp or dry hair to make it glossy and slather it on my body to soften my skin. I go through a bottle in two months!" -Edris, owner of the Edris salon in NYC
Tarte emphasEyes aqua-gel eyeliner in navy ($18; sephora.com)
"One of my favorite tricks to make me look alert and awake is to line my lower lids in blue pencil. Not only is this liner the perfect shade of indigo, it doesn't sting my sensitive eyes.'' -Maria Maio, a celebrity makeup artist in NYC
Nars Dovima nail polish ($16; narscosmetics.com)
"I don't wear polish when I'm working since it would just get smudged. That's why I love this color for special occasions. It makes me feel like a Hollywood starlet.'' -JIn Soon Choi, owner of the Jin Soon Natural Hand and Foot Spas in NYC
Maybelline color sensational lipcolor in red revival ($7; at drugstores)
"Bright red lips were all over the runway this season, and this is my favorite shade. Every time I wear it, women stop me to ask what color I have on! '' -Charlotte Willer, a makeup artist in NYC
- Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Pressed Powder ($15; at drugstores) "Now I no longer have to think about reapplying SPF. I simply dust this on whenever I'm shiny and I know my skin is protected too." -Joanna Schlip, a celebrity makeup artist in L.A.
- Lipfusion Micro-Injected CollageN Lip Plump Color Shine ($38; fusionbeauty.com) "Because I have so much on my plate, I'm obsessed with multitasking products like this. It makes my lips look fuller and adds color and sheen." -Kim Kardashian
- Piret & Tamara Eye Silks ($35 each; piretandtamara.com) "Most cream eye shadows crease or disappear in an hour. These contain silicone, which helps the color adhere to lids, and they're totally goof-proof." -Suzette Lemos, a celebrity makeup artist in NYC
- L'Oréal Paris voluminous Million Lashes Mascara ($9; at drugstores) "The brush gives loads of length and definition to lashes, and the formula is the blackest and richest around. Best of all, it doesn't flake-ever!" -Tina Turnbow, a celebrity makeup artist in NYC
Your turn! What beauty product has changed your life?
For more beauty and fashion news, go and get Fierce!
Photo courtesy of: Shape Magazine