My family and I are in the process of searching for a new home to buy. As someone who sold their house before the market bombed, here are a couple of pointers to help sell in this market.
Want to Ever Sell Your House? Don't Do This:
1. Purchase plumbing products that are colorful: Who really wants a blue toilet or a yellow tub? Stick to the basics such as white or tan. (Preferably white.)
2. Not clean your window treatments: How gross are blinds that have dirt piled from the last seven years on them? Wash them or throw them away!
3. Keep so much furniture in the house you can't see the floor: Do you really need that 4th chair in the den? Do the kids need so many stuffed animals lying around. Clutter isn't good for your health or your pocketbook. Pack it up so you can move!
4. Keep that brass chandelier in the dining room your builder picked out: Just stop!! Get it out of there or spray paint it and put those little shades on the light bulbs! Please save the world from ugly chandeliers.
5. Paint every room tan: You have seen enough shows on how to quickly sell a house but tan everywhere is so blah! Sage green is a nice neutral color and it goes with everything! This is good for those moving in also.
6. Be afraid to paint your cabinets: Oak is ugly. Paint them with an oil-based paint and no one will ever know they used to be.
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 6 of 48